5k Obstacle Challenge Run
The 1st Annual 1,000 Women Strong 5K Obstacle Challenge Run takes place at our Riverside Park Special Events Area this summer.
This is no ordinary 5K Run!
There will be 7 surprise physical obstacle courses (that have been created, built and manned by our own local gym teams and trainers) every quarter mile for you to conquer! Are you and your friends up for the challenge?
The event has two categories: Run/Walk for our beginner participants or Obstacle Participant for you freaks who want to challange yourself a little extra. Medals will be given to the first 15 participants who complete ALL the obstacles and medals will be given to the first 10 Run/Walk participants.
After the challenge, stick around and enjoy our food truck vendors, shopping, and music, you earned it!
“Overcoming Obstacles: Spirit. Mind. Body”
- Date: July 8th, 2017
- Location: Riverside Park
- Online registration: $30 per person early pre-registration
- $35 day of for late registration
- Late Registration and Package pick-ups 8:00am-9:45am
- Please show up 30 minutes early before the race
- Yes you may sign up on the day of this event please come early
- 10:00am starts the Obstacle Challenge wave
- 10:15am starts the Run/Walk wave
- It’s going to be hot (the enviroment is part of the challenge) wear cool clothes and sunblock
- After Race Fun (music, food, testimonies): till 3:00pm
If you have ever had to face or overcome an obstacle in your life, this is the challenge for you.
Reasons why people choose fitness.
“Being in college I feel really stressed daily. I tend to have trouble sleeping also. Working out helps me relieve some of that stress and sleep when nothing else works.”
“Gym time is my only “me” time to myself. It’s the time where I am to focus on myself and what I need.”
“It really helps my ADD. In the gym I am completely focused and calm. Not on 500 things that have to be taken care of. It also helps reduce my anxiety during the day and with my children as a single mom.”